A Little More About Me
I have talked a lot on this blog about the need to really get to know the candidates for whom you will vote, and especially your local candidates. That being said, you have seen my platform and I have talked about some of the things that I feel are important to Helena, but I want to now tell you some of the volunteering I have done in our community over the years.
- Volunteer Coordinator for the Buck Creek Festival
- Member of the PTO
- Planned the Back to School BBQ at Helena Elementary School
- Organized the Silent Auction at Helena Intermediate School's Family Fun Night
- Involved with Helena youth sports
The list goes on. And I mention these things not to "brag" or ask for a pat on the back, but to show that as a member of the Helena City Council, I feel it is important to really know our community and have open lines of communication. The job of any city council person is not simply to attend meetings. It is to know the people of Helena and know what they want and represent those views at the meetings.
What better way to accomplish that than to get out and be with the community in several different capacities.
In an effort to further get to know you, I have started my door to door campaign and will be knocking on doors for the next few weeks. I hope to get to every neighborhood, but if I miss you, please do not hesitate to email me at auhulsey@gmail.com or call me at (205) 451-2955.
No comments:
Post a Comment